Because science into life doesn't go

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

For the Benefit of Steve-Kind

A story I wrote while in the USA called "Dating for the Wired Generation" has just sold to the Nature Futures series!

Nature is, as I hope the majority of the readers of this blog know, one of the world's leading science journals, and a nice credit to have on my, currently very modest, bibliography.

This piece is a good example of how a writer can use his personal experiences to infuse his fiction with a high level of authenticity; all those failed dates through the Guardian Soulmates website weren't for nowt.*

Mattatuk, Long Island. That's where I wrote it!


*I don't mean that. From my end they were all pretty good dates, just not with that special person.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus! Well done Steve! You must be well stoked.

Sarah x

5:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you've got a rising star it seems! Congrats! :) Viki

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Relby said...

W00T!!! Rock on, Mr. G!

XOR

2:34 PM

 
Blogger Livia Llewellyn said...

I just saw this - ack! I'm so behind on the blog reading. CONGRATS!!!!

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Edwin said...

Congratulations, man. Got to love that story-selling rush.

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks, all! Recently got the page proof -- the artist has done a fabulous job illustrating the story. Should be out sometime this month -- visit a library and check it out!

1:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home