Because science into life doesn't go

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

[Blockbuster voice] This summer . . .

. . . L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future will take you places you've never even imagined. See the future. Today! [/Blockbuster voice]

And if that isn't doing it for you, then I've got a picture of the Writers of the Future Vol. XXIII to whet your appetite instead:


Personally, I think it's a superb cover. It conveys the sense-of-wonder feeling that characterizes the best spec-fic, and at the same time keeps the intimate, human aspect central.

This isn't the only artwork connected with the book that I've come across recently. A few days ago I was sent a PDF copy of the page-proofs of my story. One of the best parts of this contest--aside from the awards, the workshop, and the publicity--is that the published stories are illustrated by the winners of the Illustrators of the Future contest. The drawing that will accompany my piece wasn't in the proofs, but the name of the artist was. His name is Artem Mirolevich. He hails from Minsk, currently lives in New York (according to his website), and he knows his stuff.

Check out a couple of his pieces here:

The Art of Artem Mirolevich

I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home