Because science into life doesn't go

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Showtime!!!


When you tell people that you're a writer, the inevitable first question is: have you published anything?

Rather than clearing my throat, shouting "Look out!" and pointing across the room/street, and then running, I can now answer with a cautious affirmative. L. Ron Hubbard's "Writers of the Future" anthology will -- barring acts of God etc -- contain my Losing Finalist story, "By the Waters of the Ganga"! As well as being my first publishing credential, I'll be joining the real winners in LA for the annual workshop and award ceremony -- and I might even get to meet Tom Cruise or John Travolta.

This is a huge milestone for me. Thanks to everyone who's helped me get this far.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tony Pi said...

Congrats, Steve! Hope to see you at the Workshop!

Tony

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks, Tony. Looking forward to meeting you, too.

Fast work on tracking down this post btw! You must be scanning the net for the magic words every day . . . I do the same thing from time to time . . . then I tell myself to get writing!

2:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again! And nice photos. Put 'em through Photoshop and let's see if you can't get in there as an Illustrator of the Future next year.

Alex.

6:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Steve! This is exciting stuff. Lets hope that it continues in this direction.

Cheers,

Sarah x

p.s. you should publish some of your flash stories on here.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You rock Swan.. tell Tom he is small and tell John he has bad breath.

3:54 AM

 
Blogger luci said...

my photos of brighton are much better...

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home