Because science into life doesn't go

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm a Loser, Baby...

...but in the best possible way:

My story, By the Waters of the Ganga, a tale of reincarnation set in Varanasi, India, placed as a Losing Finalist in the Q1 2006 Writers of the Future contest! Apparently, Robert Silverberg and Anne McCaffrey both dug the story! I'm just happy that such high-profile writers set eyes on the piece.

Being a Losing Finalist means there's still a slim chance of being published in the volume if the winning stories don't take up too much space....so, fingers crossed for plenty of sharp, short winning tales....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Steve!

4:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, Steve! Means you must be getting close.

bk

6:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, you're getting there, Steve! Keep submitting...I was a losing Finalist in Q2 2005 but they ran out of room in the 05 volume, so don't count on space - write more stories!

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks everyone.

Tony - Congrats on the 2nd place! I look forward to reading the story in print. And rest assured, I'll be writing plenty more stories over the coming months, years, decades...starting with six in six weeks at Clarion!

Alex and BK - Feel free to make yourselves ineligible for WOTF by publishing at pro rates elsewhere...;)

1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try. But I'd love to get past the first reader at WOTF. Of nine entries, the highest I've placed in WOTF is semifinalist. Should hear back about my tenth entry while at Clarion. Making finalist is no small feat.

7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck, Steve!

Cealláigh

7:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Swan :) When can I read the loser's piece?

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, congratulations! That's wonderful, and I would love to read the story. Secondly, thank you so much for using the correct name, Ganga, and not Ganges. It's ugly, and it hurts my ears.

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home